Computer ---> Mini system or CHEAP bookshelves

Username: Tiddlydee1289

Seattle, Washington USA

Post Number: 1
Ok so i have several problems or things i need addressed. I am trying to hook my computer up to a mini system or something like that. I am a teen and have a VERY limited budget, probably $150 maximum. First of all, i have figured out a way to take the digital signal out of my computer by getting a y splitter thing that takes the 1/8 inch digital audio out from the sound card and converts it to 2 RCA outputs, and then running the rca cables to a reciever/mini system. Is this the best way??? Also, i currently have a very cheap aiwa cx - naj10 mini system (i think there was something to do with 30 watts when i got it [as a present] several years ago but i do not remember) with the 2 crappy speakers it came with. I want to know: should i buy a new mini system or get some kind of amp for my current system and get some speakers. i dont know what to do. I just want better sound for in my room. Remember, i probably have a $150 budget. Also, if i do do this, am i going to have to get a new sound card??? currently i have the integrated sound card (maybe not a card but owell) that came with the computer. It is possible that the sound card could be outside my budget amount. Please help me i want to know what to do! I do game but dont take the sound that seriously and dont play the sound that loud but i do want to be able to listen to relatively loud music and i would want as much bass as possible with my small budget.

Bronze Member
Username: Silver007

Post Number: 24
if i were you, i'd keep it simple and go to circuit city, best buy, etc and sample the pc systems they have. you can get a nice sub system for that.

i use an altec lansing PC system with my TV ($79) b/c i didn't want the gowdiness or space sacrifices of a component or mini system.

sorry if this didn't help with your intended question. just thought it was worth mentioning.

Bronze Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 42
If you're truly a loud bass addict then add $50 to your budget and get this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001LCZZQ

Or if that's not possible get this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002SQ2P2

Either way I recommend using winamp for music listening, it has an excellent equalizer which you'll need to make such cheap speakers sound okay.

Both of the above have very boomy subwoofers which you can improve drastically by turning the driver away from you (sideways towards the farthest corner) and/or elevating esp. with a low (12-16") speaker stand off the floor.

bill clinton
Unregistered guest
i think you should shut up and forget about it?

p.s. -shut up

Anonymous

BC: hey numbnuts, this thread is over 9 months dead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us