Matching subs with an amp?

Unregistered guest
I just wondering when you pick your subs out how do you know which amp goes with it.

My brother help me pick out what i have and i was just wondering how he knew that amp with those subs.

I have 2 type R 12" Alpine subs
The amp i have that runs them is Alpine MRD-501
Why is this amp so good with this subs?

Below could you explain to me what these mean?
237 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms
and U1% THD + N

718 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms,
14.4V supply and U1% THD + N

674 watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm,
14.4V supply and U1% THD + N

Any Info Would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 126
sounds like a question that belongs in the AUTO forum.

alpine has never made home subs that i've heard of.

Anonymous

I Have 4 12 inch 3000 watt pioneer premier subs what amp should i use i was thinking about getting the kicker 1200.1

Anonymous

I Have 4 12 inch 3000 watt pioneer premier subs what amp should i use i was thinking about getting the kicker 1200.1

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2031
please come to the auto forum. BUT to answer the question, you cna pick out an amp based on your subs ohms, say you have 2 DVC 4 ohm subs, and each sub is rated at 500 watts rms, so that means since you have 2 lets loook at a 1000 watt rms MONO amp. but we have to what ohm load to put the subs to, since its DVC 4 ohm, its its just one of those subs it has to be wired in sieries to 8 ohms, or in parrelel for 2 ohms, not 4 ohms, but since you have have two, you can wire them in series AND parrallel to get a 4 ohm load, or both in parralel to get a 1 ohm load, so you need to find a 1000 watt rms mono amp at either 4 ohms or 1 ohm, OR you can find a 2 channel amp that is rated at 500 watts rms at 2 ohms to two channels
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us