AR EB 101 Help Please

Mr Moon
Unregistered guest
when i got it out to put it to use i found the belt would not stay on the motor pulley (wheel) at 33 rpm. It seems the inner platter(plate) is too high for the wheel at 33 rpm causing the belt to come of the inner platter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Any idea why the inner platter has risen or the motor has sunk? Have you checked the botom of the main bearing shaft for any hardened oil or debri? Has a motor mount come loose?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Any idea why the inner platter has risen or the motor has sunk? Have you checked the bottom of the main bearing shaft for any hardened oil or debri? Has a motor mount come loose? How long has it been since you used the table?

mr moon
Unregistered guest
the inner platter does seem to be the problem. it seems to sit too high but i dont think it is the oil as that is still viscous. what is the best way to check the bottom of the main bearing shaft for debris....cotton bud? or similar. it has been a few years since use. thanks for your help

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

I would take a long Qtip and thoroughly clean all the old grease out of the bearing using some alchohol or mild solvent. Check for fit and replace the lubricant with some medium weight oil or, better if you can find some, medium weight silicone. If you can find a Teflon lubricant it will probably give the lowest noise. If I remember correctly, the AR table has a ball bearing placed between the bearing shaft and the thrust plate of the housing.

mr moon
Unregistered guest
Thanks J i will give it a go. Fingers crossed. cheers for your time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us