Musical Fidelity X-150/CREEK 5350SE

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 124
Anybody ever compare these two? I am going to audition soon and am looking forward to choosing one but would like input before.

Jasdeep
Unregistered guest
Danman,

Go for Creek it kills everybody in its price bracket. Worthwile comparison with it will be Musical Fidelity A3.2 CR

Cheers !!

Jasdeep

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 132
I am somewhat inclined to agree with Jasdeep, despite my well known affinity for all things MF, at the $1,500 price range, the 5350 is some freaking good sounding kit.

Can you listen to both and hear for yourself and not listen to any of us until then?

An audition should be free from bias and our opinions might do just that, start biasing you one way or another.

Happy listening.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 125
Thanks for the responses. Basically I was looking for opinions of people that have listened to these models before. I will be going to audition them at the end of April and I will be honest in my opinions.

I do really like the Creek except for one thing..............on the front panel, it has a recording switch of some kind! I don't know of anybody that still records music this way! I wish they would take off that option.

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 135
You mean the Record Tape Loop selector switch to the right of the Input selector? It's a precise and elegant solution. You can independently record via the tape loop while listening to a different source.

I suppose analog tape is part bygone era for most people but at least the controls on the Creek are high quality and a pleasure to use. Consider it a nostalgic feature that enhances the uniqueness of the unit.

:-)

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 101
I really like both amps and listen to them often at Bradford's in Eugene, Or. I prefer the Creek as it seems less colored than the MF. When I listen to the Creek via different brand speakers I get to hear the differences in the speakers. With MF kit different speakers sound strangely similar. Were it me I would go for the Creek in a heartbeat, and I am an MF fan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us