Bose lifestyle 15 and yamaha reciever

Username: Boselifestyle15

Post Number: 1
I have a bose lifestyle 15 series .I want to buy a different receiver to have the ability to do THX and Dolby Digital.
Can i use a yamaha reciever and the 5 speakers and bass module of the lifestyle series?
The Lifestyle series as far as i know has the amplifier in the bass module.also what other accesories would i need to coneect the new receiver to the existing speakers and bass module?
Please if anybody can help i would be thankful

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 415
What's the point of having a receiver that is THX certified if you plan on pairing it with speakers and a sub that can't deliver a full range frequency response?

As far as I know, the bass module/amp of the Bose system has no inputs for an external receiver to be hooked into. Plus IMO the Bose system is designed to provide a non-linear frequency response with spikes all over the midrange which cover up the muddy bass response. Hooking the sub up to a receiver with an 80Hz crossover point would yeild almost no response from the bass module as it is designed to play into the low midrange.

Just start over and -
Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment.

edster922
Unregistered guest
I second Kano. Buying a THX receiver to hook up to Bose speakers is like buying super-unleaded gasoline for a Chevy Chevette: a complete and utter waste.

However, the good thing about Bose is that a huge number of people eat up all of their advertising hype so you should be able to sell the Lifestyle system on eBay for 2/3rds of what you paid for it, which is still about 10 times more than it's actually worth.

Take the money from the resale and buy any middling entry-level speaker system, hook it up to any middling entry-level surround receiver, and it'll still sound 10 times better than the original Bose setup.

Only Mike
Unregistered guest
Bose speaker don't have what it takes. Sorry.
They look super-cool but the specs are sad.
You should sell them and get better speakers first. THX won't help them.
Good luck.
mz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us