New ARCAM ?

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

As you probably know, I am owning the NAD T773 but not happy... so to say... And today I went to a local dealer and asked him about ARCAM, and he told me that new system is due within 1-2 months? Any one know about it? Should I wait, I still have my T773...

I have logged into the ARCAM web site and did not find any thing on future systems.

Any further info will help.

Thanks, Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 416
There is a new processor/power amp combination just coming out. It's in the Diva range and is just over half the price of the FMJ processor/poweramp combination. It's not in the same price bracket as the 773 therefore. If you're looking to upgrade the system, it would be worth waiting for a listen. Otherwise you're looking at the AVR250 or AVR300. I heard the new combination demoed at a hifi show where it was being launched just two weeks ago and it seemed very good...

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 60
I recently came to know about B&K receivers (AVR-507 S2). I've found good reviews on them. Unfortunately I can't listen to this unit. Are they comparable to Arcam, NAD and Rotel?

Thanks, Dary

Silver Member
Username: Markusp

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 103
Daniel - as I understand it, the new Diva pre pro is the processing section from the AVR300 but with some new / updated digital connections. I believe it has the same DACS, processor and circuitry as the ARV300 but will have a beefier power supply and heavier chasis. The amp itself is a more refined version as found in the AVR300.

If you don't mind the units beeing combined into 1 unit, I say go for the AVR300 as it will save you money and still probably give you 90 - 95% of the overall performance.

I have no inside info from Arcam, this is just my understanding of all I have read re: the new units. Check out www.avforums.com for more info - they have a dedicated Arcam forum.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 423
Markus

Interesting - while I was at the show, I was led to believe by an Arcam representative that the new Diva pre/power is actually a diluted form of the FMJ combo. Knowing Arcam I'd be surprised if the performance was as close as you suggest. They're very careful about product placement.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us