Problem with DTS playback

Username: Denali

Post Number: 4
I recently purchased a DTS/Dolby Digital DVD. My system is an Onkyo 502 Rec., with a Panasonic S25 DVD player, with DTS and DD decoders. I have tried everything with my receiver and all optoins on DVD and I still can't get DTS playback. If I didn't know better I'd say my DVD player didn't have a DTS decoder. Even when I select only a DTS signal, I get no sound, I have to use PLII or DTS Neo:6 with cinema or music, which is not strictly speaking, DTS.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 287
Sean,

Dont feel bad because I think everybody goes through the same thing the first time around.

A couple things come to mind.....

1.Go to your DVD player menu(with no disc in tray), and make sure DTS is enabled. With many DVD players, you only have to do this one time. While your there, also double check that DD is activated too.

2. On DTS movies, often there are dual soundtracks(DD soundtrack & DTS sountrack). First, verify that your DVD is in fact, recorded in DTS format. Once you put in the DVD, see if the DVD has a sound setup menu. In the menu it will give choices of the default DD sountrack, or you can manually select DTS.

Hopefully, that'll get you up and running in DTS. More often than not, to play in DTS, you need to access an audio menu on the DVD to activate it. Not always, but usually.

Username: Denali

Post Number: 8
Thanks paul, it did have that option and it was turned off.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 347
Glad you have it figured out. Now you're ready for some movies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us