Too many choices, NAD, Rotel, Outlaw...

Username: Noshuz

Post Number: 2
I am in the market for a Surround Sound Receiver, and my budget is about $1,400. I am thinking of purchasing a NAD T 773, however, I have also have considered the Rotel RSX-1065. I have not made up my mind completely but I am anxious to get the last piece of my A/V puzzle. Music quality matters a great deal to me. Any thoughts... I have the Axiom Epic Grand Master Home Theater speakers (4 ohms) with a Paradigm PDR-12 Sub. My CD/DVD/MP3 Source is a NAD T-532. I am trying to achieve the perfect HT/Stereo mix. I plan to Upgrade my Front L/R speakers to Axiom M80ti later this year. Any thoughts? Any other recommendations?

Username: Thearthurclone

Post Number: 5
have you found a dealer willing to sell the t773 for your budget amt?

Post Number: 3
The best place I could find was -
http://www.hipposaudiovideo.com/index.htm
The people were pleasant & the prices were great. (NAD T 773 unit for $1,460 with shipping) The real bonus is that the place is a factory authorized dealer of NAD.

dd
Unregistered guest
In case you don't know, the Rotel 1065 has been discontinued and is being replaced with the 1067. Rotel started shipping them last Friday. It's MSRP is $2200, up a couple hundred bucks from the 1065 because it now has true multiroom capability, that is, you can use it to hook speakers to another room without having to add a separate power amp.

Anonymous

I enquired about nad t753 with hipposaudiovideo.com.they have it for $759 + shipping.
Does anyone have actual experience of dealing with them.When I talked with them the person said that in case you have problem with the unit you can send it to NAD authorised service center.
Does anyone know where these centers are in california SF bay area? Just being cautious since I have heard so much on this board abou NAD problems .Thanks

Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 8
Anon,

You can probably get a similar deal on the T753 at www.adnm.com in Albuqurque. They were a pleasure to deal with and provided prompt delivery of my nad receiver. They are also an authorized nad dealer. If you receive a defective receiver they will replace it. Fortunately, my nad has been flawless so far (knock on wood).

My local NAD dealer in Dublin, CA also services them. Check the NAD website (www.nadelectronics.com) for local dealers and call to find out if they also service them. Good luck.

Unregistered guest
Yo Yo Yo:
Check out AMSOUND.COM. They are an authorized dealer for NAD.

T753 = $699
T763 = $999

Beat that!!!

MY 2cents!!!

Post Number: 4
I actually began this thread to discuss the differences between NAD, Rotel, & Outlaw receivers or combos. But with few exceptions, everyone wants to discuss price matching of lower scale systems. I would have never taken the time to post a legitimate question if I knew that I was going to start a discussion of things that are not pertinent to my original question. Since there was only one useful bit of information, I used it in my decision making process. In the future, if I post a question, I will not leave it open-ended like I did this time. I could have gotten a better response if I posed the same question to a group of people outside of the local sound shop.

Post Number: 7
sorry about the responses johnny. i feel that my post probably started the ball rolling in the wrong direction. i was simply curious if you had found the 773 in your budget range, as it's a model i'm considering but haven't had much luck with a break below msrp.

unfortunately i don't have much info. in regards to your actual inquiry.

Post Number: 5
Theauthurclone,
I just purchsed the NAD T 773 unit today. I should have it next week. Once I have it up and running, I'd be happy to share info about the unit. Good Luck in your search!

Your Pathetic
Unregistered guest
Place the blame on yourself!!!
You ask for "other ideas, recommendations"!!!
Then you flame people for responding!!!
You "could have gotten better advice outside of a local shop"?
Good, go there, that is where YOU belong.
Your arrogance and attitude both stink and don't belong here, where MOST people are courteous and friendly towards others. YOUR PATHETIC!!!

Post Number: 10
i think it's you who are pathetic.
first of all i can't believe that you would get so offended by johnny's post. especially offended enough to consider it a flame and/or call him pathetic.
2nd of all...he's correct in that no one actually addressed his original questions. i asked him a question regarding pricing and everyone after that responded in regards to price...which was not his intention.
i think you need to calm down a bit.

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 2
Johnny:

I am very interested in your thoughts about the match of your new NAD receiver with the Axiom speakers. When you get a chance, let us know your thoughts. Thanks.

Username: Noshuz1

Post Number: 1
Once I get every thing in place (hopefully this weekend) I will be happy to post how everything sounds. I am anxious to get everything in place so I won't delay once everything is in hand. I will also be happy to report any ongoing issues that come up (quality, incompatibilities, or other), that may help others who are setting up similar systems. As for being told "YOUR PATHETIC!!!"... I apologize to anyone who took my comments the same way that the unidentified, unregistered guest did. I asked my question in the hope of getting a helpful answer if one was available. I never minded additional comments or new questions revolving around the same subject matter, but was still not getting much feedback from my original question. I can assure all of the BBS members that I am far from arrogant.
NOTE: I had to Re-register, (with a name change) to be able to post this follow up...

RalfB
Unregistered guest
Re. AMSOUND.COM . . . according to NAD, they are not an authorized dealer. I checked this on NAD's website, and also called NAD. On AMSOUND.COM's website, it does not state anywhere that they are an authorized dealer. It does state that the product comes with a "full manufacturers warranty," but this means absolutly nothing. Caveat emptor!!

newbiee
Unregistered guest
I'm also planning to get the Axiom Grand Master set. Since I have a grand total of $2000 budget I'll have to settle with an "OK" receiver for now and upgrade to one later to bring out the best out of the Axioms later. I've done quite some research and is currently leaning toward Onkyo TX-SR601 based on good pro review and forum posts.

So what do you guys think about the combination? I'm a little concerned with the 601's power rating. Is it sufficient to drive the Axioms? (BTW I think Jonny's desc of 4ohm wasn't accurate b/c according to axiomaudio.com the M22ti, VP100, EP175 are all 8ohm, and QS8 is 6ohm).

thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us