Help with Speaker Purchase!

Bronze Member
Username: Taxman

Post Number: 26
Alright, after much researching/reading on the web and sound tests, I have narrowed it down to the following for my 6.1 system:

1. Paradigm - Titans in front, CC-170 center channel, PDR8 sub and matching Paradigm in-ceiling speakers or Cinema 90's for the 3 rears (still deciding); or

2. Athena - Micra 6 HT system and either purchase an additional sat for the rear surround (wait two months) or get a pair of AS-B1/B2 for my fronts; or

3. Cambridge Soundworks - M50's for fronts, MC100's for surrounds, MC300 for center and BaseCube 8 or 12 for sub.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated to solve this dilemma.

Note: This will be run with Panny XR45 and the room is rather 'bright' with all tile floors.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Username: Xtremeht

Post Number: 6
Have you checked out B&W. Might be worth it, not trying to complicate things but I have heard those brands before and the B&W hands down is a better bang for the buck!

Bronze Member
Username: Taxman

Post Number: 27
No, I haven't been able to hear B&W. There is an authorized dealer locally, but he doesn't keep any on hand to audition. I have heard good things about them. Are they comparable to Paradigm in price?

Bronze Member
Username: Xtremeht

Post Number: 20
They range anywhere between $300 a pair to $40000 a pair. I have the 600 series 3 which are a really good value. Prices start at $450 and go up to $1400 for the top floor standers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us