Between Rotel RA-02, Rega Brio and Cambridge A500 which should I get?

Ymer
Unregistered guest
My speakers are Energy C-3 bookshelves.

It is a small room and the sources are my turntable, DVD player and a sound card.

Thanks =)

Mactroth
Unregistered guest
Brio.

It sounds a treat and it has a built in phonostage for your turntable. If you want a more forward and punchy sound the rotel is pretty kickin'

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 29
NAD C320BEE has everything you need and an incredible sound. May not be as pretty but check out how it reviews against the others that you are considering. The folks at "The Absolute Sound" liked the Rotel but preferred the NAD.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 403
It's got to be the Rega Brio - wonderful little amp with a big heart and excellent drive - comes with a fabulous phono stage for the money.

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

why rega? what sound play rega? bright, or warm??

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 113
Smooth and warm.

Perhaps too mellow for some.

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 418
The Rega presentation times very well indeed, better than most. Regas have an essentially neutral character - not warm but not clinical. It's a very engaging presentation indeed.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 116
:-)

A perfect example of how sonic priorities and tastes differ from listener to listener.

To me, Regas sound a bit on the mellow side to me. NAIM is very engaging but a bit lean and overall, I find Musical Fidelity (which you profess to be not musical at all) :-) to be sort of a best of all worlds.

To get back on topic, this should be an example of why opinions of others can give a general idea but only in thine own ears should you trust.

I don't believe any of the NAD C3xx integrateds have a phono stage. They want you to purchase their PP2 phono preamp (supposedly a very respectable unit).

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 428
Music is in the ear of the behearer.

Yes Tevo, we disagree completely on the relative merits of Rega Naim and MF. To me MF is warm, slow and generally uninvolving - typical of a Naim/Rega fan. Isn't HiFi a wonderful topic? :-)

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

so what about rega brio with acosutic energy?
or more powerfull c320bee? Has eneyone compared side by side c320bee and rega brio?

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 438
I have used the Rega Brio many times with Acoustic Energy EVO 3 and the even more difficult to drive Dynaudio Audience 42. It never fails to excite. Great little amp.

The NAD is also a fine amplifier, though I didn't realise it had more power. It can drive the AEs or the Dyns quite well, but I don't think it has as much drive as the Rega.

Incidentally, forget either of these amps if you were thinking of AE1s. They are hard to drive and you'd need to think bigger.

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

okay, I heard that acoustic energy are really not hard to drive. AEGIS EVO 1 -speakers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us