Receiver pairing for DefTech 7002

Username: Geebee

California

Post Number: 1
I have decided on changing out my current, outdated system and have started by electing to go with Definitive Technology 7002 tower speakers and companion center / surround. I've been a JVC junkie for years and am poised to buy a DP20VBK but recent reviews referencing sound distortion on the surrounds has me concerned.

Any suggestions on a <$3,000 receiver aimed at 75% DVD and 25% music to pair with the DefTechs?

Thank you.

Anon12
Unregistered guest
i would match the def techs with either a Marantz SR-7500 or SR-8500 or a Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi or an H/K AVR-635. the thing is if i am not mistaken, you would want an warm sounding receiver with lots of power for these type of speakers. they are power hungry.

mgolia
Unregistered guest
Power hungry?!?

These speakers have their own subs run by their own 300w amps. The only thing the receiver will need to power are the tweeters and mids.

My suggestion for a budget of 3000 is the Rotel RSX-1067; and you'll have a grand to spare! The marantz and eilte are good choices too, so ideally I would audition them all before purchase. LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us