Help me choose...

Bronze Member
Username: Rd11

Post Number: 21
I have a 5 speaker setup (no sub yet) with Athena Audition series. 60% HT, 40% music. Finally the H/K avr 435 is available. H/K 635 I also have an interest in. Any other recommendations that match well with Athena?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 347
Pioneer Elite 52tx, 54tx, 56txi

edster922
Unregistered guest
If you care about getting the best musical performance out of your Athenas, I'd also look at the Marantz 5400/5500 or higher models, check out hifi.com for new prices and accessories4less.com for refurbs.

If HT is your main focus I'd go cheap with either a Pioneer 1014 or Onkyo 602, even a Panasonic sa-xr50/70.

Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 7
RJD,

Yeah I know the avr 435 is finally out I saw it on vanns.com. Anyway, I think that going with the avr 435 is a perfect choice for your speakers. The avr series from h/k has been characterized as having a warm sound to them. Not that that aspect is malicious in anyway it just means that you should complement ham with "brighter" speakers. Case in point your Athena's. If I were you, go to the closest Circuit City or other retailers that offer this model and check it out for yourself. your ear is the best judge! The avr 430 that I own has more then enough power for my satellites. Which are the point five models from Athena. The avr 430 is beautiful when it comes to music and commanding when I watch movies.

Sincerely,
Ben

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2797
The HK 635 is an awesome receiver. If you have the budget for it, I highly recommend it.
There is also the Marantz SR8500.

For a sub, check out the offerings from HSU.

Username: T5grah

Cincinnati, Oh Us

Post Number: 1
i have an technics sa-dx930 i am considering buying on an onkio because of the better sound quality which is better 602 or my 930 iwatch alot of movies or what receiver is good an affordable also i was looking at the bose sattlite speaker to add they sound good but are very exspensive what is a good choice for smaller speakers with alot of sound PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND A GOOD RECIEVER AN SPEAKER COMBO PIONEER/DENON/ETC,ETC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us