Monitor Audio Bronze B6 with DENON 3805 - good or not ?

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 43
Guys,
Is it okay if we put the receiver DENON 3805 matching with Monitor Audio Bronze B6 or B4 ?
MA Bronze are known with their bright sound, and DENON 3805 are known with their soft and detailed sound.

Pls don't ask me to match with Marantz and Yamaha brand since I am not fond with these receivers.

Anyway, thanks for yr feedback.

Username: Tchartrey

Post Number: 5
Have you listened to the silver series yet? In my opinion, they have a much more detailed sound than the B4,6 and the extra money you spend could be saved in the receiver, say a H/K or a Denon 2805. Have you listened to the Bronze, they are not bright speakers at all, very neutral sound again that is my opinion. I listened to them both side by side and I didn't want to spend that much but the S6's were tremendously better. If you have a Good Guys in your area they carry MA, check them out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Thanks Tony.
But the Silver S6 only have 2 driver (1 midrange driver and 1 bass driver) compare to Bronze B6 which have 2 bass drivers.

I haven't listened yet to the Silver S6, but I check the frequency response, the Bronze B6 looks like have the lower frequency range than the S6. And bass from Bronze B6 tight and not boomy.

BUt, is it okay for me to match it with DENON 3805 ?

Post Number: 9
I am asking the same questions in here about connecting the Denon to the Silver series that I have just purchased. Most people are saying that Denon is too bright but I really do not agree with that having auditioned the B4 and S6 with a Denon receiver at Good Guys. I have received alot of feedback saying to go with NAD or Pioneer Elite. I think the 3805 will be nice for them but I going to audition a few more this week since I have two more weeks until I receive my speakers. I will let you know what I think by the end of the week. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thanks Tony.
Or you can email your experience to my email address mail4sunarwan@yahoo.com

My local store doesn't sell the NAD and Pioneer. Only the DENON and YAMAHA. So, I couldn't listen to myself.
Oh yes, pls also mention the NAD/Pioneer series in order for me to find the specific receiver.

Tks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
look4sun-
I called my local shop and was talking to the guy about my situation. I asked him about the Rotel and Nad and he said that NAD has quality issues so he wouldn't recommend spending that much, and I asked him about Rotel and he said it was excellent. Further along, I asked if it was worth an extra 1k over the Denon for Rotel matching them with MA. He said no way. I was impressed that this guy could have made a extra grand off me and told me I would be better of with the Denon. I asked him about matching it to the MA and he said it will sound terrific and if there were any difference it would be hardly noticable. So my longwinded point is, I think that I am going with the Denon for my system, like I first told you I auditioned them with a Denon and when I first heard them and they sounded fantastic. I think the difference in this price range all comes down to your preference. Then Denon has fantastic reviews from all sales people I spoke with and all over the net. I don't think that you or I can go wrong with that choice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us