Anyone ever heard of the British company: Short

SkieS
Unregistered guest
I was at a sound store today, and I was asking about speakers, specifically Klipsch, and he recommended Short, it may be spelled differently, I'm not too sure. Any opinions on this company?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 340
Most likely was referring to Mordaunt Short.

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Any good?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 342
Most likely was referring to Mordaunt Short.

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Sorry, have you heard anything good/bad about them?

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 408
Apparently, they are makers of very refined, high quality speakers. I have not personally heard Mordaunt Short, but have heard some very good things about them indeed.

Let us know what you manage to find out, too.

V

Bronze Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 40
http://www.mordaunt-short.co.uk/
http://www.mordaunt-short.co.uk/reviews/index.asp

Mordaunt Short is a well regarded UK loudspeaker manufacturer and they have had their share of favorable press.

More important is how they sound to you, especially in the context of the system you will be using them in.

How did the salesman's recommendations sound to you?

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 37
There are some reviews of Mordaunt Short speakers on this site. Though you have to type in the name yourself because it is wrongly listed as Mordant Short in the drop-down listings.

I listened to a MS bookshelf model a few years ago, but they lost out to Tannoy Mercury M2s, despite being twice the price. But that's not too bad a thing as the Tannoys were a miracle at the price. Even Tannoy haven't been able to repeat that trick AFAIK.

diablo

edster922
Unregistered guest
I have a 7-year old pair of the Mordaunt Short MS09 bookshelves and they sound fabulous, especially for their small size and price range. I definitely prefer them to the Klipsch speakers.

Mordaunt Short, like most British speakers, is known for detailed highs and mids. I found mine to have respectable bass too, despite its tiny size. Most impressive is their ability to handle reference volumes without distorting.

Accessories4less.com has a pair of the Mordaunt Short 904 mini-towers for an amazingly good price, $230 shipped---you might want to try those out.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 86
the new mordaunt short speakers are really dry sounding. This is not good if you don't have a warm amp driving them. While the speakers of older generations I liked, the new ones I don't
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us