Cat attacked tweeter on as-f2

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
My sisters cat hoped uponto my atena speaker next second i knew i heard the sickening sound of something very expensive being scratched, luckily it was only one claw mark about a 1 inch maybe smaller on te tweeter it looks like it punctured the plastic. Will this affect sound quilty ?? and is there any way i can repair the scratch. I have become an offical cat ater.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 26
If you can't hear the difference then it hasn't affected the perceived sound quality. ;)

The AS-F2 tweeters are apparently made from three layers of Teteron (a man-made silk) which are laminated together. If the layers are laminated with some form of resin to form a hard dome then application of matching artist type acrylic paint with a tiny brush may improve the appearance cosmetically and also fill the hole.

Athena may be able to supply a replacement tweeter and if they can then this is obviously the best repair. :-)

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
Thanks diablo, doesn't sound like the scratch caused any damage, still sounds normal. Question the tweeter is soft will artist acrylic paint still work ??

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 33
I don't think I can confidently recommend the paint solution on a soft dome tweeter.
If the appearance of the tweeter annoys you, then I suggest that you contact your dealer or email Athena from the link on their web site to enquire about a replacement. A new tweeter may not cost too much and will restore your speakers to 100%.

Regards
diablo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us