Anyone have experience with Tannoy speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 32
Particularly interested in the Sensys DC or the Eyris DC. Tannoy name seems to garner respect in the media, but I don't know anyone who has owned them.

thanks
x

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

If the Tannoy sund appeals to you, you won't go wrong in their purcahse. Good product, good value. Listen before you buy.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

If the Tannoy sund appeals to you, you won't go wrong in their purcahse. Good product, good value. Listen before you buy.

Jayb
Unregistered guest
This probably won't help but, I work in the industry and personally have heard almost every speaker there is. I can honestly say Tannoy does make some very fine product , they've certainly got their ears tuned to quality sound and know how to produce it. IMHO

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
If the Tannoy sound appeals to you, you won't go wrong in their purcahse. Good product, good value. Listen before you buy.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Too early to type.

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 33
J. Vigne,
I understand...
How would you describe the Tannoy sound? Is there another brand that sounds somewhat similar in your opinion? What have your experiences been?

Thanks Jayb. It seems as if most people agree that Tannoy offers good product.

jayb
Unregistered guest
IMO Tannoy sound is bold yet warm much like PMC they are both great for stereo music or mulitchannel music and movies.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Overall the Tannoy sound is Boldly British. A bit like old Wharfedales but better. Not like new Wharfedales. Not as "American" as a B&W. Not as BBCish as a Harbeth. Clean and listenable. Listenable being an adjective some people consider a synonym for uninteresting if they like Klipsch and JBL. Go listen for yourself. Descriptions are worthless.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us