Wharfedale Pacific Evolution - Any experiences, thoughts?

Username: Alphabet

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 1
Does anybody have an opinion or experience with Wharfedale Evolution 30(300?) I am contemplating buying a set shortly to pair with a Yamaha RX-V450.

Yes, I believe I will get suggestions to go for other speakers, but the selection here is very limited(Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, Mission and maybe a few more)

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 27
There doesn't seem to be much in the american press, or the american consumer market about the wharfedale speakers. I have posted similar requests, and gotten very little response. I am interested in the evo 30's as well.

I talked with a man yesterday who had done some extensive demoing of wharfedale. He listened to the evo 30's and 40's as well as the opus line. He said that he preferred the 30's to the 40's. Admitted that the 40's had more bass response, but it seemed to come at the expense of the midrange.

He ended up buying the opus 2's and evo 10's as surrounds. He raved and raved about the opus, from the sound to the incredible cabinetry.

final caveat... listen to your own ears, not someone elses... always audition for yourself... find out what the return policy is and plan for a home based demo.

by the way, I have had a pair of MA 700 gold mkII's for several years. I love them. Unfortunately there are no Monitor Audio dealers near me.

Best of listening luck, and if you find any info. / reviews of the evos let me know.

Oh Yeah, here is a link to the one reveiw I have found on the evo 30's
www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=1&article_id=481&page_number=3& preview=
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us