Sony receiver PLEASE HELP I"M GOING NUTS

Username: Tunicacp

Post Number: 1
I have a sony receiver and have tv,dish network, local cable, dvd and a vcr hooked up to the receiver.Everything did work great.I guess someone messed with the settings.Now when I turn off the dish satellite and want to watch local cable I have no sound coming from the receiver.Before when I turned off the dish I had audio from the tv through the receiver.I can unhook the optical cable and get sound from the the tv and the dish through the receiver.please help me I sure feel like a dumb blonde. Thanks Cathy

Username: Chrisk13

Post Number: 7
If the audio from your local cable is analog (i.e. you have two RCA (composite) cables (black/white and red) coming from your TV output to your receiver input), then you might want to set the input on the receiver to analog. You might have it set to accept digital audio only, and in this case no incoming analog signals will be heard. If this does not help, what kind of receiver do you have?

Username: Tunicacp

Post Number: 3
Chris thank you so much for your help.I have a sony ht-ddw830 system. You was right I had it on digital audio. If I set it to analog it works.I get sat. and cable audio through the receiver.But with it on analog I wont have digital sound for the satellite right?I know I can switch it back and forth.Its really hard to explain but I have satellite and some how when I ordered local cable the cable guys took the easy way out and split it into the satellite wires in the attic. I would like to have digital sound from the satellite and be able to turn the sat. off and have audio from the cable (tv) go through the receiver.And I know for a fact that it use to be like that and I think a setting must have got changed because I know nothing has been messed with on the back of the tv,sat or receiver. Thank you so very much for your help.If you can lend more advice I would sure appreciate it. Thanks Cathy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us