What receiver do you use on AS-F2?

Username: Ackvigend

Post Number: 4
I need everyones help by telling me what a/v receiver do you use on your AS-F2 speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2737
Kenwood KRF-9080D with Outlaw Audio 7100 power amp.

How is this information going to help you?

Post Number: 5
I need this so that I can try it. I did try Pioneer VSX-1014k but I didn't like how it sound. Right now I am trying Yamaha ht-5760

Post Number: 6
berny, where did you buy that Kenwood KRF-9080D receiver? How much?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2739
I got it in Japan.
I think the US model is 8070 or 7080.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2741
I got it in Japan.
I think the US model is 8070 or 7080.

Post Number: 7
berny, how does it sound? I am looking for a good bass and clear sound. Do I need that power amp? What's the use anyways?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2742
The sound is wonderfully pleasant and clear. The bass is being provided by a powered subwoofer, HSU VTF2.

You really don't need a power amp. I use it to get better power to drive the speakers.

Post Number: 8
so you have a subwoofer? I thought you only have those speakers. how many speakers do you have and did you set the AS-F2 speakers on the front? I did set mine up on front and I bought the onkyo hts-770b which has a 10" subwoofer. If I hook it up it sounds good. I thought I can use the as-f2 as my sub too. I guess I was wrong.

Post Number: 9
anybody else?

Par
Unregistered guest
I'm using an older (bought in 2003) Kenwood VR 507 5.1 reciever. My mains are AS-F2 speakers which I've been very impressed with and love listening to music on but for home therater there are base notes the AS-F2 won't hit so I've currently researching subwoofer options.

Good luck finding a reciever you like
Par

Post Number: 10
thanks par,
Right now I am trying this yamaha 5760 and I have bought the onkyo HT-S770(just the speakers). I haven't really have a chance to watch movies and check if the sound that I am looking for is there. Hopefully this weekend.

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 18
Anthony i highly suggest you look at rotel recievers i just got one and it is outstanding has good bass good tremble and it all comes out smoothe and clear with the perfect timing the are kinda pricy but in the long run it is a awsome reciever

Username: Sip

Post Number: 10
I use Harman Kardon AVR 130

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thanks guys for the opinion. Right now I am running HTR-5760 on my ASF2's I am still debating if I will go and try something else. I still have 2 more weeks to try this yamaha. The sound is a little bit bright but I am trying to compensate from the bass & Trebble.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us