Grado Black or Shure M97XE?

Username: Jazzwolf

Post Number: 4
Hi, I just recently bought a Pioneer PL12d and want to replace the cartridge that came with it (AT111 E/U) with a Grado Black but I was also looking at the Shure m97xe after looking at some of the threads here. Has anyone had any experience with a Grado Black on this turntable? I know that the Grado has some problems with some Turntables picking up hum (especially Technics) and I didn't want to buy it if I was going to experience problems with it. I can pick one up from http://www.ewsaunders.com/ for under 40.00 and it sounds like a good buy but I just wanted to get some feedback first. I love my old Pickering XSV 3000 but can't seem to find a stylus without paying double what I paid for the cartridge when I bought it new almost 20 years ago

Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

Post Number: 4
I had a great Pickering once but my oldest daughter destroyed it when she was three years old and I think I about cried. Some years later one of my sons got into my Shure V55E and bent it all out of shape but I kept the sad remains anyway. Just last year I purchased a replacement for my Shure M55E stylus and tried it out. It was terrible. The "ss"s sounded like "shhhh" so I did some microscopic work on my old M55E stylus and got it to work perfect. Sometimes the old stuff still works great. I track at 1 gram so I still have many hours left on that old thing. Right now it's my preference, although I still miss my Pickering.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us