Infinity

Bronze Member
Username: Sjordan872

Post Number: 32
Does anyone know why Infinity gets very little attention on here? I was told that Infinity was not a "good match" for my HK630 but wasn't told why. I have always found Infinity to be on the bright side thus seemingly a decent compliment to the HK.

Bronze Member
Username: Ncavman

Post Number: 59
Blazer, just fyi, I am running Infinity's with my HK and it sounds wonderful. There is a sweetness that was not there with my prior receiver. The HK seemed to balance them out and controls them perfectly.

Are you looking at a particular model?

Hopefully others will chime in with more opinion for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
NC AV: I have listned to the Alpha series and thought they sounded "sweet" witth the HK. From a cost/benefit standpoint, I found them to work nicely. I was just inquiring because they are never mentioned on here and I was actually told they wouldn't work with HK.

Bronze Member
Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 85
Infinity makes great speakers!!! You just have to understand infinity makes "mass-market" speakers so not all of their speakers sound great.

If you want great Infinity speakers, look at these lines.

Interlude
Intermezzo
Alpha
Compositions Overture
Prelude

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Now that we've established that Infinity makes decent speakers, how well do they pair up with HK as compared to say Klipsch?

Bronze Member
Username: Krackerjack

Post Number: 14
Blazer, I'm surprised anyone would say Infinity wouldn't work with H/K. They are both made by the same parent company, Harman International.

On another note, I hope H/K and Infinity work well together as I am planning on pairing up the H/K230 with Infinity TSS-750's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Max, Best of luck with your combo. One of the frequent contributors on this site, Hawk, (who sounds quite informed and is very helpful)suggeted that both Infinity and JBL would be poor matches with my HK avr630. Parent companies or not, I was just surprised and looking to see if anyone else had a similar or contradicting opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Any other opinions on the HK / Infinity combo?

Bronze Member
Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 86
Well, Hawk is wrong! Sorry Hawk.

Infinity speakers are just a tad bright and would match well with a warmer receiver like HK.

What Infinity speakers were you thinking of getting?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I've listned to the Alpha bookshelves and they sounded very clean with the HK. They are also in my price range. I can't afford to refinance my house for a new HT system. Dollar for dollar (US that is) I find HK to give me the best bang for my proverbial buck. I now would like to find the same in my speakers. Any thoughts on JBL with HK? I know Harman Int'l owns all 3. I don't know if that means anything (NAD & PSB), but would be very interested in knowing. Thanks Uni

Username: Heff

Post Number: 53
Infinity Alpha's and HK AVR's match well. I have Alpha 40's and the AVR-630. You can hunt around and find alpha's at a great bargain now that their beta line has been announced.

Username: Angrydave

Post Number: 1
I have an AVR 525, with Alpha 50's in the front, an Alpha center, and Alpha 20's in the rear, the system sounds wonderful. Music is MY primary concern, but my kids and wife all want great HT, so this is where the combination came from.

I listen to everything from Dave Matthews, to Hillary Hahn, and I am perfectly pleased with this set. The more time I took to tune the HK to the speakers, the better it sounded.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us