Marantz & Denon - owned by the same company. Are the receivers the same?

non audiophile person
Unregistered guest
It may seem like a dumb question, but inquiring minds want to know.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 64
You might want to ask the Camaro and TransAm owners that same question.......

'laugh'

j/k

I dont know the answer but couldnt help making the joke. Maybe you could compare the two to the Ford Expedition, and Lincoln navigator? Any thoughts from the experts??

My uneducated first impression is that they are two completely independent companies that had nothing to do with each other, and were gobbled up by large corporate giants just like what happens to just about every indepent company at some point or another in this modern global economy.

non audiophile person
Unregistered guest
: ) I know what you mean. I know that some cars, like models from mercury and ford, have been, essentially, the same thing. I've looked at posts and found good discussions that pointed out small differences between marantz and denon models, but I still wonder if there are certain important components that are the same. I like what I've read about both lines, and I have a friend who loves his Marantz. I'm just trying to find out as much as I can about both lines. My guess is that you're right - they're two independent companies.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 24
Dear non audiophile person,

Your hunch is correct, in that they are now owned by the same company, D&M Holdings, according to this article.

They may well use some common assemblies as obviously this is more efficient.

Marantz was controlled by Philips for a lonng time, which did nothing for their reputation!

non audiophile person
Unregistered guest
Thank you for the link. I know what you mean about Philips. : )

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 159
These were two separate brands before they merged. D&M Holdings is Denon & Marantz Holdings.
Denon holds the controlling interest in the new company. I don't think that cross-platforming has started, and I doubt that it will any time soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us