What do I need?

Ben Reeves
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a 5.1 amplified speaker set which i bought a while back it cost me a fair bit then so i would like to keep it. The problem is it does not have any didgital inputs just 5.1 analog inputs.

So i guess i need something that convert the digital signal from my dvd player into the seperate anolog RCA's is there anything to do this?

I have found lots of receivers that output the seperate channels but they all have built in amps, i just need the pre amp.

Would this work?
http://gear.ign.com/articles/449/449167p1.html

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 63
Your speakers dont have digital inputs??? Im not sure what you're asking because your speakers should only have inputs for speakerwire.

If you're talking about your receiver not having digital inputs, I'd recommend upgrading because the only way you'll get true 5.1 sound is with digital inputs, and any receiver without cannot produce true 5.1 surround.

Ben Reeves
Unregistered guest
The amplifier/sub has 6 speaker inputs (sub, center, front left, Front right, rear left & Rear right). Am I not right in saying that the digital signal is not just those encoded into one? Is that not true surround?

I think i have found what i'm looking for:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72406%26item%3D57500307 15%26

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

I assume you are using powered speakers with an amplifier built into the speaker's cabinet. If that is the case, a quick read would suggest this unit is aimed more at the PC market. If what I read is correct, this is unlikely to be what you need to run digital signals to your powered speakers. You might give the company a call and see what they recommend, but I don't think this is what you would want to use.

Anonymous

Ben Reeves,

Yes both of those solutions you linked would work just fine for your pre-amp needs. Especially the Creative Labs unit you linked, that would be the best solution of the two in my opinion.

Ben Reeves
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help, i think i'll buy the creative ddts-100
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us