Picked up my Yamaha RX-V2500 Today

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 59
Whoah.....that think kicks butt!! I dont have my final tweaking finished yet, but I had a nice movie marathon tonight and I love the DSP movie settings.....wow....

Everything works great and I had no problems with the setup, but the volume governor was a suprise because I can turn this thing full volume. The YPAO worked great and everything sounds good:-) The GUI menue system is also a treat. I like how everything is adjustable to your personal tastes. Some talk about how one model sounds 'bright' etc..etc..etc........But you can adjust this to fit any preference.

Anyway, it's time for movie number 3....

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 39
Helo Paul,
What speaker you pick to match this Yamaha RX-V2500 ?
And do u have listened to DENON 3805 or 2805 ? How they sound between these 2 receivers ?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 92
I didnt buy any speakers. I've had a home theater for a long time and was well overdue to replace my outdated surround receiver. In fact, my receiver search all began after I had upgraded my old big screen with a new HDTV. Somewhat of a snowball effect, I guess?

My decision was down to the Denon3805 and the Yammi2500 and I thought both were pretty close in regards to sound quality, and I thought they both sounded great.

I didnt try to over critique the sound in the store because with either, you can adjust the sound and fine tune the sound characteristics however you want. My main concern was if it could properly drive my current speakers, and after a weekend of playing, it far and away passed my expectations. I have large old traditional pair of 100lb behemoth front speakers with 15" woofers, and I was concerned that the Yammi couldnt drive them as well as my old Pioneer did.....whoah, it can!! "laugh" Enough to curl your hair!

while in the store shopping, they were very comparable and I went with the Yammi for no good reason other than it was $200 less in a dead heat race. If I saw something that would have set the Dennon apart, I would have snatched it up, but I just didnt see it. You might though because both are very popular models.

Regardless of which you model you choose, you will no doubt be very happy with your decision. I definitely recommend looking at both models closely.

good luck

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us