Blown Denon AVR-2805?

Joel Williams
Unregistered guest
Have I blown my brand new Denon AVR-2805? It worked great for a week with just my front mains, but after hooking up surrounds and going through auto-setup, there was a loud crack, a diminishing tone, then nothing but the dreaded blinking stand-by light upon powering up (display is dark). Unplugged everything, but same result. Waiting for response from Denon, but I'm anxious to know if I have any options other than sending it back.

enter
Unregistered guest
Buy a Marantz,dump the Denon

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 319
Good thing about defective electronics is they usually go within the first hours of use.

I'm returning my g/f 2nd iPod since I bought her one for Christmas.

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 155
Joel, ignore the ridiculous soundbite advice "dump the Denon and get a Marantz". I have had 3 Denons and never had a problem. Denon takes good care of their customers and this is obviously a manufacturer defect. It happens will all recievers. I had problems with H/K's. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Joel Williams
Unregistered guest
Thanks, Riches, for the words of encouragement. I'll keep everyone posted about what Denon says.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 60
I agree.......

If it's brand new, return it to the store and they'll swap it out with another one if it's within the first 30 days. If it's past that, they'll have it fixed and probably even give you a loaner while repairs are being done.

Username: Neil_cumming

Bristol, North Somerset England

Post Number: 1
Bought a Denon 2105 at the end of December 04. Two weeks later it blew. The store replaced it but the same thing has happened again. Be interested to hear if there have been similar problems.

Joel Williams
Unregistered guest
Got it back from Denon repair today. They replaced a couple of transistors and fixed one of the surround amps. Seems good to go now. It's pushing all 8 speakers in my 7.1 setup without complaint. Keeping my fingers crossed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us