What is HC amplifiers?

Unplugged
Unregistered guest
Im in the process of buying a stereo amp and I am now confused between Denon and Yamaha.

Denon claims that for speakers of 200RMS the following specs of 65 W + 65 W (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 ohms,THD 0.07%)is fine. Even though Yamaha is higher powered at 100x2, Denon is better because it has high current capability and Yamaha has only standard power capability.

Please can someone help me on this.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 636
If you have fairly sensitive 8 ohm speakers (87 db or higher), either receiver should be fine. If you have 4 ohm speakers I would probably steer away from either, although from personal experience the mid to upper level Denon's can drive many fairly sensitive 4 ohm speakers.

If you have 8 ohm speakers that are easy to drive you should get the receiver with the features you prefer and the easiest remote and menu. Unless you have a separate universal remote, the receiver's remote and menu display will either be your best friend or worst enemy. For most people, using a receiver with a poor remote and dense menu's takes much of the joy out of the audio/video experience.

I have various neighbors that rarely do more than the most basic switchings because they are bewildered by dense menu's and difficult remotes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us