Which one to Drive Klipsch RF35 Hk635/Denon3805/Pe54

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 91
Hi guys i got a great deal on klipsch RF series i know too bright and so on but somehow i seem to like them it will be for 95% movies and 5% music so let the votes in i will be ordering the unit tomorrow evening thanks
once again unit in consideration are HK635/Pioneer elite 54/denon 3805 thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 151
I would go with the H/K with Klipsch - and that's from a Denon guy! I had Klipsch RB-25's with a Denon 2803 and H/K 425. The H/K was the way to go, because Klipsch is a little bright, and a tad thin in the midrange. Denon does nothing for the Klipsch and the combo is thin.

H/K on the other hand with it's slightly forward, sculpted midrange and rolled off highs, allow the Klipsch to realize it's full potential.

And for the 95% theater application, Klipsch is an excellent choice.

My vote is for the Klipsch. I want to check them out when I come to B.C.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2707
Gotta love the HK and RF35 combo! Very rich and full sound. I've also heard it with a Pioneer Elite 56TXi ( I just don't remember if they sound similar to the 54) and it was superb.

Have you heard any of these combos? I've heard of a few folks who love the Denon Klipsch combo. They prefer that "in your face" kind of sound, so you may want to really take your time and listen to them.

rwings
Unregistered guest
Hi Baldev, I was in the same situation as you a few weeks ago. For me, it was 95% Movies & 5% music. I ended up buying the Klipsch RF-35 system. I have a Yamaha rx-v800 5.1 receiver and found it to bright with the Klipsch (IMO). I went out to listen to Denon 3805, HK avr635 & Pioneer Elite tx54. I found the HK & Elite were the best fit, but I prefered the sound of the HK avr635. You can't go wrong with either the elite or hk. Hope this helps.

1Point5mil
Unregistered guest
I hear you all, But Klipsch speaker don't need much to push them, I currently Run Denon AVR5803A with Klipsch RF7, Rsw15 sub, RC-7 Center and rears, I spoke with Denon advisor in Jersey before doing it. Also at the last CES show, Denon was pushing all Klipsch speaker. I have gotten so many compliments and inquiries about the Reciever and speaker until sometime's I could write a book. The Elite 56 isn't bad it really all about with company your prefer, Price and so one. THe HK however is a weak performing to pushing Klipsch speakers.

Baldev S Grewal
Unregistered guest
Thanks to all you Guys, i finally cured the upgradeitis that started two months ago and cost me good 4000-5000 cad.Trust me it was worth it.here is the system that i bought ,i got the RC35 ,RF35 and surrounds QS-8 from axiom as they were the only worthwhile thing that they sell, and it dispersed sound soo good for the rear.The Best Suggestion that has me smiling from ear to ear is the HK 635 i tell yaa that LOGIC 7 is Heavenly it just pushes a 1000 dollar unit into 2500-3000 and makes me hear things that i did not hear before so i am going to watch all my movies again it is so good for movies and that is what i do anyways should have got this the first time arround it is better than my other combo of PE 54 and B&w 603 set just in movies though and my Experiment with NAD T762 was a total Failure anyways, anyone in Vancouver area want to step in and have a ball is welcome thanks.
Once again a BIG Fat thank you.

Anonymous

Baldev

I thought you got rid of an Elite and went with a NAD which you have raved about in other posts. Now you are looking for another receiver?

B.S.Grewal
Unregistered guest
yes if you look at my last post that is exactly what happened the pe 54 and b&w setup was good for music but in movies the centre channel fell flat if i bumped the volume dialogues were clear but as soon as explosions came the whole house would rock now as far as NAD it was a great romance to begin with superb sound for music and movies but later it started picking up notorious humm on the sub woofer i spent an other 300$ to get a line conditioner too that cured all the channels except for the sub i had to re wire the whole room to get rid of the hum and even then if one of the electrical wires crossed the speaker wires the hum would return took it to dealer he had pure power no issues so i had to sell that unit for a loss So long story short it is exceptional sound but i wish it was less faniky with the wiring so i had to let it go now i am extremely happy with this HK 635 setup till upgradeitis visits again.lol

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 314
Baldev,

You said "LOGIC 7 is Heavenly it just pushes a 1000 dollar unit into 2500-3000 and makes me hear things that i did not hear before so i am going to watch all my movies again it is so good for movies".

Aren't you listenning to movies using Dolby Digital or DTS? Logic 7 is an analog format. This makes me think you are not using a coax or optical connection between your DVD player and your receiver. Is that right? If so, you are in for a real treat when it's correctly setup!

Peter

Baldev.S.Grewal
Unregistered guest
I am using the Coax digital hookup and my understanding is that HK applies Logic 7 over dolby digital and hence i hear big improvement when i compare logic 7 to dolby or dts thanks

Baldev.S.Grewal
Unregistered guest
I am using the Coax digital hookup and my understanding is that HK applies Logic 7 over dolby digital and hence i hear big improvement when i compare logic 7 to dolby or dts thanks

Anonymous

Baldev

I am considering the HK 635 but I have seen posts that say the HK receivers get very hot. Does yours get very hot when you use it?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 318
Baldev,

When I have a DTS or DD source, all I see on my display is DTS or DD and I can't select Logic 7. But then I don't have 7 speakers so perhaps Logic 7 is used to extend 5.1 to 7.1?

Anonymous,

My h/k avr-325 gets very warm but not "hot". But then I don't normally listen above -25dB or so and not very rarely above -10dB (I have efficient speakers). I don't stack any components on top to let it breathe.

Baldev
Unregistered guest
i have no problem in switching between DTS/Dolby to Logic 7 as any movie i pop in by default the unit picks up dolby DD or DTs whatever the disk is then i press logic 7 on remote and it gives me logic 7 and BTW i only use 5.1 speaker since you have brought this up i had read some where that 135-235 and 335 apply logic7 to two channels and 435 and 635 apply it over digital sources hope this helps thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us