No Stand

Username: Wolffy45

Post Number: 1
hi,

i bought a pair of mission 751 bookshelf speakers in mid 90s, i had placed them on spike stands and they served me well throughout the years. now i intend to bring them with me to my new apartment but there is one problem: i have no room to position my stands. i have to place the two speakers on the wooden tv console. i understand that by placing them on flat surface, the sound will not come out good. any suggestion to improve the sound without shifing their position? i really cannot accomodate the stands. thanx in advance for the advice.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 323
It's not ideal to do this but you know that already. The cheapest thing to try would be fixing the speakers to the console with blutak. If the sound is too bass heavy, try decoupling the speakes from the console. I have heard good things about Pulsar Points, but any kind of cone to sit the speaker on will help.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 324
Incidentally, don't use huge amounts of blutak - just a pea-sized amount at each corner of the speaker should do!

Regards,
Frank.

Shahrukh
Unregistered guest
Try really small sized squash balls (2 X 2) cut in half. Then place them under the corners. This works better with CD players, but u could give it a shot!

Username: Wolffy45

Post Number: 2
thanx for your advice, frank n shahrukh. may i know what are pulsar points?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us