Still waiting...

Bronze Member
Username: Rd11

Post Number: 18
Is anyone else getting tired of waiting for the HK avr 435 model to reach the public?

Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 1
Yeah,
I am still waiting here too. I cant wait for this thing to come out, mainly for what it can do. Such as upsampling every digital input for any surround mode, or playing mode. I have my computer that i am going to hook up to it, due to the fact that my entire music collection is in it (3200+ songs!). And I am excited to hear what Logic 7 sounds like! But yeah man I am with you, wtf is taking so long. oh, and one other thing: how much do you think it will be when it hits online stores? I was thinking of about 575-625. Based on what I have seen in the ratios between other HK models by comparison on amazon.com. By the way, this is going to be my first time doing up an a/v system.I have really nice equipment for my computer, the sound system cost 550 (M-audio revoluiton and logitech z-680s). But while watching movies and having music at loud volumes it dosnt match the presence that I felt out of my dads 10 year old system. but anyways if you want a low down of what i was going to buy this is it:
1. AVR 435 and hks 4 speakers ( just so I have some thing to use to listen to for the meantime)
2. HKTS 14
3. HK dvd 22
4. Monster cable speaker wire ~ 14 gauge

Just know that i am with you bro!
I cant wait either.

Bronze Member
Username: Rd11

Post Number: 19
Benjamin,

The lowest price for an authorized dealer I have seen thus far is at Vanns.com $673.18 (free ground shipping). If anyone has seen a lower price please let us know.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 299
Benjamin - You may want to consider going for HK's DVD 32 player, this will supply the 6 channel analog outputs you need if you ever want to take full advantage of DVD-A/SACD discs.

As well, I've noticed that music played from the computer through the receiver sounds good, but doesn't compare to playing it through the DVD player on a burned disc. Albeit this may be due to my stock sound card on the computer.

Finally, watching movies playing in analog, but using HK's Logic 7 will not compare at all to a dolby digital or dts track off a DVD

Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 2
Kano:
Check out the specs on the M-audio revolution sound card, you will find that it has as good if not better capabilities when compared to the DVD-32. But is it honestly better to go with the D/A converters on the DVD player then the ones on the HK 435? Also, can the DVD 22 play SACDs? Because if it can't, well then I will definately go with the DVD 32. But I thank all of you for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us