Speakers for karaoke

Username: Hieu_phan

Post Number: 4
I'm looking for a pair of speakers for Karaoke. Do you know which are good brands?

I have hifi speakers but save them for music listening only for fear of damage when playing karaoke.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2655
Bose 802 professional series
Electrovoice sx/sb series
D.A.S. speakers... Dyanamic or Monitor series
Grundorf
JBL MP series...not the home speakers.

Take your pick. I wouldn't recommend any home speakers for karaoke. I recommend these because they are very sensitive and will not tax your home receiver. Karaoke is a totally different animal.

Post Number: 6
Thanks for your reco. I'm thinking of JBM control CM52 or CM62 in combination with a subbwoofer. Will that help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2661
Haven't really heard of JBM, so I can't recommend them. But a subwoofer is not recommended for karaoke.

Post Number: 7
Berny

Sorry I misspelled it. It's JBL Control CM52 or CM62. Also can you explain why subwoofer is not good for karaoke? Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2666
I was referring to the particular models I was recommending. Subwoofers are not needed on these professional speakers.
If you are using the JBL control professional series, subwoofers are really not needed, but I suppose if your voice goes below 60Hz you'll need a sub. I suppose you'll need it if the karaoke music you are using have a lot of bass.

Post Number: 8
Got it. Thanks for your recommendation.

Username: Fable

Post Number: 8
I would recommend Ascend Acoustics over the JBL. I have Ascend CBM 170 front and CMT center for karaoke and they sound excellent (I have HK 630 receiver). In my other room, I pair Digital Dogg with Aiwa receiver and they sound nothing compare to Ascend (I thought my Dig. Dogg + Aiwa was the best util I bought Ascend). If you buy Ascend, make sure you get the CMT for center as it's really important for karaoke.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us