Subwoofer Noise Help

Username: Paki

Post Number: 1
I am sure all you pros are tired of this. I searched the forums but couldn't find the right answers. So:
My Sub was working well. Then I moved the entire system/ relocated it. Using the same AC wall plugs. Now for some reason the Sub is humming continuosly.
When I AC in. OK.
As soon as I connect the RCA connections to the Sub -before connecting to the amp- the humming starts. When I connect it to the amp the noise is intensified.

I have tried moving the sub further away from the amp, different power sources, moving the cables. Still noise!

Any help would be great.
Pak

Anonymous

One way is to get a noise filter were you just plug the rac from your head unit into it the plug the noise filter into your amp. That is what i did kinda but it plug the filter into the head unit instead of the amp then plug the rac into the filter just so no one would see it

Anonymous

i meant RCA not rac my fault.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 114
that happened to me. ended up that the rca plug was shorting out and causing a loop. i figure it out till i bought a new cable.

Post Number: 2
Thahnk you both for the feed back.
I will try this. Tried everything else!

Unregistered guest
I had a similar thing happen when I upgraded my sub. I put it in the same spot using the same connections but whamo, humming. I read elswhere to first disconnect the cable tv to see if this helps. I did and sure enough the humming went away. I created a ground loop with my new sub. I purchased a couple of items from radio shack, connected it to he cable tv and this cut the ground loop. It's a short term solution until I get to the root cause.

Post Number: 3
VicCoffe
Thanx for the input.
I think you are right about the GRND Loop. I don't have the cable hooked up to the system. It still humms. I am not sure how I created a Grnd Loop just by moving the system..

Ron L
Unregistered guest
I have the same humming problem with a Sony sub. I have a Yamaha sub also and it does not hum. Any ideas. I have plugged the Sony into the same spot as the Yamaha and it still hums.

BIGBIRD
Unregistered guest
The solution to all your needs is the ground loop isolator. That should be it, or try relocating your ground. I've been messing with a competion system and I went to radio shack and spent 20 bucks and saved about 6 hours of work. trust me......it's 30-day refundable too.

Unregistered guest
anyone know what would be causing my speakers to pulsate.they literally hit and pulse with no signal from the head-unit when i hook up my rca's to my amp's. i had no problem just wanted to hook up my newer amp to see if sound quality improved and the the problem started.i have spent hours and will spend many more just need more ideas. any input or ideas will be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 38
Our installer was having problem with the huming on my B&W sub. They got it to stop..everything was fine when they did the test tone. Today when I went to check it out I have a small hum and not sound--Any ideas..I called the installer and he says the sub might be bad to call B&W. Any ideas..

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 41
I go it --my set up with the receivel was wrong--Now it works great

Username: Victory16

Melbourne, Fl Usa

Post Number: 2
I have a mazda 626 Lx Year 2002 i have dual 12' speaker their illuminance and a pinoeer amp 700 watt!!!! any ideas of how i can stop my trunk from rattleing and how i can make my car freaking pimped out?

Mazda 626 lx 1986
Unregistered guest
Two words spinner rims!!!

tal
Unregistered guest
It sounds like a ground loop. To stop the humming, use a plug adapter for the power plug that goes from a 3 prong (grounded) on your sub to a 2 prong (no Ground) for the wall. The humming will stop.

Username: Artmaster

KievUkraine

Post Number: 1
hello! I hope any connector ok.
first hand change one by one any cables, power included.
then change plus to minus all of sound cables. it should be soung wrong, but you have to find sourse of humming first.
anyway you'll find it. good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 764
I have had similar problems, on Saturday I installed on Sony KX-27 PS monitor NTSC / PAL upon final installation, there was this high frequency buzzing and humming sound, this as taken me 32 hours to solve this problem and I had to make a lot of changes within the audio chain.

One of these changes involved removing the earth wire on the Active X-over unit for the centre channel, and my audio mixer which controls the sub bass and LFE .1 using the line inputs on the unit.

Now there is no buzzing or humming sound, which was loud and a real b!tch to eliminate so if you have had this humming and buzzing GREMLINS in your home cinema, then try undoing the earth wire on one of the mains plugs and see if this little GRMLIN goes away....

Unregistered guest
i have a problem with my sub it doesn't work everything is hooked up, the amp is on and the sub doesn't work do u know what is wrong

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1756
I think the problem is that it is emitting no sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us