JBL 2200

Username: Aaron70122

Post Number: 1
I went to the audio store yesterday and bought the JBL 1200 watt amp($480). He called me yesterday and said you just hit the lotto, I was like haha, why's that? He goes, cause they don't have the amp you purchased. So then he goes, well I complained and got you the JBL 2200 something, with a free bass knob. He said that amp sells for over $1,000, WOW! haha, anyways, what I'll be using it on is my Eclipse Aluminum 15's. The guy said that this amp has more watts than 2 Fosgate BD1000's with less distortion. Will this amp push my subs to their maximum? Will it blow them? I need to know if there is anything I should know before using this amp on the subs? The amp will be here in 6 hours at the store. Anyways, I have a stock 95 DeVille, will I need to upgrade my alternator? Also will I need to run bigger power wire, I'm using 4 guage? Also I have the fuse for the 4 guage, will I need to upgrade to a larger fuse? Anyways, my biggest concern is my car, I dont wanna kill it when I use this amp. Thanks in advance :-)

Post Number: 2
By the way those subs are svc, but they are on a 3 year warranty :D I hope they were worth the $500.00 I payed for them :p

Post Number: 3
oops, I changed my display name, I am the postee:-)

Post Number: 7
Also how does this amp perform? Does it get hot quick? I'm going to take my spare tire out of my trunk, (there is a carpet door that you open to get to the spare) and I'm going to add a piece of plexi glass then place my amps down there. Should I add an external fan? Will it get too hot down there? If this JBL amp exceeds my expectations, I'm just going to buy another JBL amp for my mids and tweets, I'm so tired of Fosgates heating up after being on for an hour. What JBL amp would you recomend for my mids and tweets? I also might buy another set of 6 by 9's for my back dash, which are some Jenson 3 way's,lol. So I will need to get a 4 channel amp, or maybe 6 channel, the extra channels for my tweets, I dunno never really bought a good system, and looking for quality this time, at a cheap price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Sorry this was supposed to be posted in car audio, my ignorance suprises me sometimes, haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us