Audio connection problem

Bronze Member
Username: Spshond

Post Number: 36
Okay here it is. I need some help with my connections. Currently I'am running A Hitachi HDTV, Samsung DVD, HD Cable Box, Yamaha Receiver, Monster HTS3500 Line Conditioner. My problem is with the picture & picture. Currently I have the Cable Wall outlet going into the Monster line conditioner. Out to a 2way Splitter. From Splitter out to the HD Cable Box, HD Cable Box to splitter, & from Splitter out to the HDTV Hitachi TV. Hopefully this is right. Now the problem lies in the sound when watching YPBR video ( Component Video ). The sound is very faint, not as loud as when listening to Ant A. I have Optical cable from HD Cable box to the receiver, Audio cables from cable Box out to the TV. I coonected an optical cable from the HD cable box to the receiver so I can watch my HD channels with great sound if I wanted to. I connected the audio cables from the cable box to the TV so there is sound from my TV. This is where the problem lies. What is wrong here. it seems as though the optical cable sound is not as loud becuase the receiver has to be on. I do not want to have the receiver on all the time but I also want access to all my channels. The only channels with normal sound, are the 70 allowable Ant A channels. What can I do here...

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 189
Rico J: interesting. It seems to be just limited to the Audio Out pair from the Cable Box to the TV. Does your Cable TV Remote have a volume button? Some of these control the "Line Level" Audio on the cable box... controlling the output on the Audio Out jacks.

If you continue to have problems, have your cable company come back out. When they do HDTV installations, they are usually there for a while and make sure everything is working right.

Which brand and model of HD Cable box to you have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us