Best amp for Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MKII speakers ?

Unregistered guest
Six months ago I bought a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MKII speakers - fell in love with them (purity/neutrality, spacial precision, stage depth, clean tight bass and I could go on for hours).

I had bought NAD electronics to go with it as a first step : C542 CD player and C352 integrated amp.

Sound definition and dynamics are good, but I start to feel a bit bored as if the mid-range was too tidy, too sleek... well not enough alive.

So I start my quest for the best match for these speakers, and although this is quite personal I go out for your help/advises/experiences on this matter.

I listen to Rock, Jazz, Classic, Electronic - not too specific but it will at least tell that I need a good all-rounder.

Thanks for your help/comments !

Username: Sjefje

Post Number: 1
I had the same like you with my Dynaudio 52STP speakers in combination with a C542 and C372. Something was missing and the soundstage sounded compressed and blurred. Was looking for another amp (the CD player is wonderfull) when a local retailer asked me about my speaker cables (Nordost solar wind not exactly cheap) and suggested I try Ocos cable. What a difference! This cable is recommended by Dynaudio for it's speakers and since NAD and Dyn's are considered a good match maybe you should try this as well. You never know, it might save you some money

rgds

Herman

DAFO
Unregistered guest
Portal Audio "PANACHE" Integrated amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us