Decent set of 5.1 speakers in the $1200 range

Johnny Bravo
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for a decent set of 5.1 speakers
to go with the nad 753 reciever I will be purchasing. my room size is 15x20 tile floors
seating area is 3feet from the back wall. keep in mind This is for 70%ht 30%audio. my budget is
$1200 I wish it was more but thats all I can afford right now. I have a yamaha sw-80 subwoofer now maybe I can intergrate it

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 198
I would recommend a Paradigm system with the Monitor 5 as mains, the cc370 as center and the Mini- Monitor as surrounds. This would be a very nice match with your wonderful NAD receiever and fits your budget.

Unregistered guest
I just picked up the Mirage Omnisats for $1200 bucks. They are a great set up...

check them out here:
www.miragespeakers.com

thearthurclone
Unregistered guest
you could get the onix rocket elt set from av123. with the elt sub the package is 999. i picked it up with the ufw-10 sub instead for a price near your full budget.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 183
I would get 2 pairs of the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170's and their CMT-340C center channel for $858 + $24 shipping. Great speakers---and would be really great with the HSU VTF-2 added, which would bring the cost from Ascend to $1308 + $59 shipping. And you can return them within 30 days if you don't like them.

The Ascend's are wonderfully accurate speakers. You should look at their website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us