Harman Kardon AVR 135 vs Yamaha RXV 650

Username: Dutanator

Post Number: 1
I would appreciate some input regarding these 2 receivers. I am trying to make a final decision as to what I should buy for my home theatre system. Also I was looking at Polk RM 6750 vs. Energy Encore speaker packages.Any thoughts or experience with either ?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 984
Usually H/K's are good, but I didn't like the AVR130. The V650 is a nice buy for a low price.

Username: Canadam

Post Number: 7
I just upgraded my 550 to a 650, for the extra hundred dollars, you get a lot of stuff.

I love it.

Username: Sunilb

Post Number: 2
Dear adam,

I also have V 650 with paradigm speakers.

But i am facing one problem that the voice starts only at -45 dB whereas total volume range is -80 db to 0 db.

Any solution for this or it is normal.

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 153
Sunil, I think that sounds about right. My 230 is the same way -80 on up. Sound starts around -45dB, accept it will allow up to +15dB.

Not sure how to define it, but 0dB is when you amp is running wide open. I am still planning on getting an amp to supplement the receiver.

Username: Sunilb

Post Number: 4
Stone,

Is it safe for speakers if we run over 0 dB.
Whether it will overload speakers.

This receiver shows volume upto +7.5 dB.

Or is the max. limit is judged by distortion of sound.

I checked with one of my friends RXV 640 model where the sound level starts at -70 dB ( range is -90 to 0 dB).

Is there any harm running receiver between -5dB to 0 dB on continuos basis if there is no sound distortion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us