CD text

Username: Mike7

Post Number: 1
How to do you get the CD text to work, mine just says "No name". I have a CDX-L600X. Can someone tell me what to do. How do I program the text in the CD player?

nout
Unregistered guest
You cannot program text with a cd player.
There are some music discs that have cd text in them (very few: I only have one: Uncle Tupelo's "an anthology") and the discs you burn with your computer you can name the tracks, with your computer ofcourse, not your cd player, but your cd player will display them when playing.

Post Number: 2
Hey, nout thanks for the information. I have another question now. How do I burn them to make them to make my CD player show the name?

nout
Unregistered guest
First you have to copy the audiofiles, AIFF files, (of the cd you want a copy of) to your computers hard disk, only then you can name every track. (It's also a lot safer to burn cd's from your hard disk than to make a copy via CD-ROM drive to CD burner)
Which computer do you use, a Mac or a PC?
In both cases you can change names of files by simply clicking on the text (which is placed under the icon of a file), just replace "file no. X" by the name of the song.
Good luck!

Post Number: 3
Hey, nout thanks alot man, I will try that;) Keep in touch!

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 13
I still don't understand why more record companies don't include CD text with the original album. Does anyone know why?

Unregistered guest
Ya know, I did all that in Windows Media Player for my CDA-9851 and I still can't get it to display the text. Any other suggestions?

user
Unregistered guest
Windows Media Player does not support the reading of CD-Text. It can only pull song names and such from databases.

armchairmanoftheboard
Unregistered guest
I use EZCD creator to make all my CD's. When you put a disc into the computer while the EZCD program is open, it will automatically (when set correctly and connected to the internet) name all the songs and the Disc. Then you save it into your computer under music or MP's or whatever you chose to name a place. Then when you spit it back out, I mean burn a disc, you make sure all the names are inserted. specially where it says No Title or New title. That is where the name of the Disc or CD comes up in the Disc player window, Like the group and stuff. I have saved all my CD's in the computer and put them all on recordables into a Sony 400 Disc CD player and it is just great how all the tracks, disc and names come up. Hope this helps and have fun. Took me months to do all mine.

Username: Paul_paranoid

Post Number: 1
Hi! I'm new, and desperately need help.

I am trying to make a CD of MP3 files.

I have got as far as ripping the material into MP3 format where it is held on my PC. (I used real player to do this)

But now I need to burn it to the disc.

How do I organise the files into their respective folders when I burn to Cd?

i.e. - I have say 7 tracks that belong together in one folder, and then another 9 that belong together in a second folder.

But when I preview my burn list in Media player, it's just lumped them altogether.

Do I need another program to achieve the archiving I need to do?

Any help gratefully received! oh, and it's URGENT, LOL!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us