Onkyo C-707CHX: Nothing but trouble

Username: Bizzle

Post Number: 1
Hey All - I'm looking for some advice regarding my Onkyo MC35Tech shelf system. Since my purchase, I've had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE with the C-707CHX CD player that comes standard with the system. I don't spend a lot on electronics, but spent the money in this case because I wanted a long-lasting, solid shelf system. Instead, I got a tempermental, unpredictable, and undependable unit. The receiver and speakers are great, but the CD player stinks. It will start to play a disc and stop partway through. The track number then reads "0" and the power button won't work. The only way to turn it off is to unplug it. When I plug it back in, sometimes it will play the CD, sometimes it stays in this "locked" mode and won't do anything. It is frustrating to say the least....I've been living off the radio for the past few months. I had it in a shop to be repaired twice (both Onkyo-certified) and both times it works good for a week or two, then goes back to its same old behavior. That's the situation as it stands now. My dilemma is what to do next. To be honest, I'd like to start investing in a solid home stereo system, starting with a 5 or 6-disc CD changer, but I currently don't have the space to house a bigger unit like that, which is why I went with the shelf system in the first place. I've considered buying a replacement model off ebay for a starting bid of $69, but it is a factory refurbished model and that sounds to me like more of the same headache. My question to you all is this (and thanks for reading this far if you have)...can you recommend a good CD changer (preferably shelf) to replace the C-707CHX and match up with my current receiver (R-805X) and speakers. I'm lost and I want my music back. THANKS.

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem! Except now, I put a CD in, it will not play - the only way to get it out is uo unplug and plug back in.
Any luck in finding a replacement CD player?

Dorian
Unregistered guest
I figured out a way to make it work for about a week at a time.

All I do is take out the cds unplug everything and shake it around gently. I read this webpage http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/24/45212/6874 and remembered that it only seemed to work after I moved it from one room in my house to another. Something must be "loose".

This is not advice - this is my experience. I have no idea whether it will make your cd player blow up or wrose!

Username: Bspalmer

Post Number: 1
Doe sanybody know of a CD changer (preferably shelf) to replace the Onkyo C-707CHX and match up with my current receiver (R-805X) and speakers. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us