Looking to buy new AV Reciever

Username: Confuseddave

Post Number: 2
Hello,

I'm thinking about replacing a second hand AV Reciever (Denon AVR-1802) I've got with something a bit more reliable. I was thinking of staying with Denon, possibly going to the AVR-2803, but I'd heard that you should match your Amp to your speakers. At the moment I'm using TDL Nucleus 2 speakers, but I'm planning on replacing them with B&W speakers.

Would the above combination work do you reckon (Denon/B&W)? I'm more settled on B&W than Denon, so any suggestions Reciever model that would work better gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Post Number: 3
Probably looking at the B&W 600 Series 3 if that helps

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 49
I just heard B&W paired with a pioneer elite, and the sound was pretty amazing. I have also heard them with denon and much prefered the sound with the elite. See what model falls into your price range and have a listen.

Post Number: 4
Cheers!

Had someone recommend Yamaha and Marantz as being good all round amps - anyone know how they sound with B&Ws?

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 51
The marantz would be a great match with the B&W's although i have not heard them together, they should produce a fairly neutral sound. Not sure about the yammie, they would both be fairly revealing, unless you prefer a brighter sound.

kevinhochen
Unregistered guest
I have B&W 601's and I had a Marantz 7200 and just bought a Yamaha 2500 and have demoed extensively the new Marantz 7500. To be honest, despite all the differences between brands that I keep hearing about out there, I could not tell a difference between the Yammie that I bought and the Marantz 7500 on the 601's. You can't go wrong with either brand for the B&W's.

Username: Bnd123

Delray Beach, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
I have a brand new, factory sealed, Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX that I would like to sell for $500 (including delivery). I'm going to upgrade. Let me know if anyone is interested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us