Receiver thoughts

Username: Jtc

Post Number: 5
Attention all experts and others, I have been shopping around for a receiver to go with my new surround sound speakers (paradigm studio 60's front, studio 20's rear, the studio center channel and seismic sub). I have looked at the yamaha rxv-2500, rotel 1056, and NAD 753. I have only heard my speaker setup with the yamaha 2500 and it sounded very good. However, I have been recommended the rotel 1056 and the NAD 753, but am unable to audition them with the paradigm studio speakers since those dealers that sell these two receivers do not carry paradigm products. My question is out of those three receivers which one do you feel will give me the best sound for watching movies. It will also be used to listen to cd's about 20% of the time. If anyone has any experience with any of these receivers PLEASE respond. All responses will be appreciated!!! THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1082
Great choice on your speakers. You can't lose with any of those receivers and I have heard the Paradigm's with the Yamaha and Rotel and liked both. The Rotel is a better unit sonically while the Yamaha has far more features. If all the features on the Yamaha are things you don't need then go Rotel. The one thing the Yamaha has that to me is a big advantage for me and all my stuff is the amount of inputs. NAD and Rotel just don't have enough for my system. My Paradigm dealer carried NAD for years but dropped them in place of Rotel due to the problems NAD has had recently. They told me there were just too many defective units they had to deal with and were not willing to deal with that anymore, so went with Rotel as a higher end unit than Yamaha. So far, so good for them, [at least that's what they tell me.] NAD's are great if you get one without problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us