Power for MA gold system

Username: Shorty

Post Number: 2
I am putting together a new system and have decided to go with the Monitor Audio gold speakers. GR 60's,GR center, 4 GR 10's for surround and rear FB 212 sub. I need help deciding what receiver or amps to use to do these speakers justice. My thoughts are:
PE 59txi
Yamaha RX-Z9
B&K 200.7 or 125.7 amps but then what would be a good preamp/tuner that will handle HT
Parasound amps, same problem with preamp

Are 200 amps really necessary for a 16x22x15 room or will 125 suffice? Eventually might be moved to a 40x14 room. I don't play music really loud.

thanks for your help

Username: Shorty

Post Number: 5
OOPs, sorry, I meant 200 watts.

Unregistered guest
Based upon my most recent experience, I must say that you'd do the greatest justice to your Golds with the Pioneer. As posted many times over (doing a search in the forum for Monitor Audio is super handy), your Monitors will sing with a mellower receiver. I speak from experience with my Pioneer/MA Bronze set... The pairing made me weep (literally). I can only imagine what it would do for your Golds. I'm green with envy. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 173
I play my 2 pair of Monitor Audio GR10's, GR center, and HSU VTF-3 in a room that is about the same size with the Pioneer Elite 49TXi. Sounds great and more than enough power. And since I just connected the new Pioneer Elite 59avi universal dvd player via the i-link (Firewire) connection--I am even more pleased.

With the very advanced MCCAC acoustic balancing in the 59TXi that should be a great receiver for your system. I haven't heard the Yamaha, but it does have Faroudja chipset for video---if your dvd player doesn't have one and you run your tv through the receiver.

But everyone I know who has Monitor Audio with a Pioneer Elite seems very happy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us