Buying a reciever -- advice requested

Username: Dirtyrascal7

Charlotte, Nc

Post Number: 1
I recently moved into a new apartment and my old roommate and I split up our home theater equipment. what I have left is a pair of Yamaha NS-A200XT floor speakers, a Yamaha YST-SW320 subwoofer, and a Yamaha NS-AC40X center channel.

I'm looking for a reciever that would match the sound these speakers produce, plus has coaxial inputs and component video switching capabilities (I plan on getting a media projector very soon which will have very limited video inputs). I prefer to stay below $400, but will go up to $500 if the value gained is justified.

The Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K has caught my attention, but I'm not sure if this is a good match for my speakers. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Charlotte, Nc

Post Number: 3
anyone?

Username: Ofile

Post Number: 3
What kind of receiver did you have before?

I am also shopping for a receiver-speaker package. How are the Yamaha speakers? There is a deal for Yamaha 550 with 6.1 Yamaha package for $999 CDN that I was looking at.

From what I've listened to so far is that Denon sounds great with almost any speaker package except Tannoy. Denon 1705 retails in Canada for about $599 (dropped to $499 by barely negotiating).

Charlotte, Nc

Post Number: 4
my old receiver was a 4-year old sony that my roommates and i got for about $350. one roommate still has it and it works just fine, while the other has upgraded to an elite 56txi. the latter roommate suggested posting on here because he said he got lots of helpful advice when upgrading his home theater.

as for the speakers, i have nothing bad to say about them. the construction is very high quality and their sound is very natural and smooth. however, i don't have much a/v experience so i can't compare them to anything else.

i think the 1014tx-k is by far the best value reciever in my price range, but i'm just not sure if it's a good match for the natural sound of my yamaha speakers. anyone have some insight?

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Colorado

Post Number: 81
Actually I have an elite 45tx :-) Got it while they were still out :-) Love my reciever tho! ..Especially with my monitor audio speakers!
C'mon people give em some advice! You helped me out heaps when I was in the market.

Jeff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us