Center channel volume problems

Bronze Member
Username: Creed

Post Number: 30
well, i have 5.1 speaker connected to my Marantz SR4300...my front speaker is Mission M74, with Klipsch SC.5 as my centre channel, the AE Aegis One as rear, Mirage BPS150 as my subwoofer...

but i am having some problems, when i watch DVDs, the centre channel seems to be quite soft compare to the other channel...i check the sound level, all calibrated correctly, i even try to increase the level of the centre channel by additional 2db...but i still think that the dialogue inside the movies seems to be low...i notice that other system (which i audition at shops doesn't suffer this problem), anyone here can tell me what's wrong, would it be the centre channel not powerful enough.?.

btw...i am connected the whole sound system to my HTPC...my soundcard is the Audigy Platinum and connected through the coaxial output...thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Creed

Post Number: 31
one thing to add is, i use the test tone to test out each channel volume, the centre seems to be very fine against other channel, only during DVDs playback, the centre channel seems to be low on dialogue

Username: Braveheart

Post Number: 2
Check to see if you can change the center channel speaker distance. By setting it at a closer distance than the exact distance you may get a feeling of it being louder. I dont know the size of your room but if you are sitting 7 feet from the mains(exact) then try the CC at 3-4 feet less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us