Upgrading receiver

allen_rodriguez
Unregistered guest
I am upgrading an older reciever to a newer one. I have paradigm studio 40's ver1's for fronts, 20's for surrounds and a sub. I am looking at the Yamaha RX-V2400 or the NAD 753 or 763, hoping to keep it at or around $1,000.00. What do you think would be the better choice. I play a lot of MP3's off my computer. Thanks for the help.

Unregistered guest
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
===============

Dear Sirs,

Please advise how can I upgrade my receiver which is " SKY 1b ".

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Best regards,

Reza Moussavi

Anonymous

allen_rodriguez:

I'm not familiar with the Yamaha TX-V2400 but I do know the NAD 753 and 763. They are both wonderful units (Just make sure the box has a software ver. 2 sticker on it). To decide between the 753 and 763 the best thing to do is see which one will best match with your rated power on your speakers as the two units are much the same except for the power output.

While there is a lot of NAD bashing on this board recently I think most will agree that for the money you are going to have trouble finding something that sounds better than the NAD receivers. Go audition both a yamaha and a NAD and I think you'll agree ;)

Good luck with your hunt!

Nickanthony
Unregistered guest
Can someone explain what the difference is in the NAD software upgrade version 2 from 1. My dealer has explained that it does not have that much impact on the performance but provides for certain bass mapping and programming capability such as renaming devices, ect.. The reason I ask is that I a considering the purchase of a 753 and I can purchase the old version for a lot less money. My dealer is willing to sell me either, but felt that I would be more than satisfied with earlier version.

Any help would be appreciated.

allen_rodriguez
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the tips. I will look for the ver.2 I'm thinking I will like the NAD sound better myself, but I'll find out.

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 85
The NAD 753 just recieved a glowing review in Home Theater Magazine by Mark Flieschman. He said it was the best receiver for music under $1000 that he has heard. I would also recommend the Denon 3805 for those paradigms. The 3805 is very neutral sounding and would complement the warmth of the paradigms nicely. You may also want to look at the Onkyo 801 which has NetTune for your MP3 interests.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 266
Nickanthony

Your dealer will prefer to move on old stock since it clutters his shop and he will have to chop the price more and more as time goes by. The 763 is appreciably better than the 753. It's not just the power amps which are different - the preamp is quite different and this makes the amp quite a bit more capable.

regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 79
These are the exact thought i went through i went in the show room with all the cash and thinking to buy T753. but the sound of T763 blew me away i had to shell extra 600 cad for that. and it came close to 773 773 and 763 you can say the sound is in the same class/family. in 753 you definately feel left out of wonderful sound of NAd. maybe it is torodial power supply or some other thing. do not forget to buy a good line conditioner like monster as these are very sensitive units and pick up interference in power easy.

allen_rodriguez
Unregistered guest
I just auditioned the T753 and T763...I agree Baldev....the T763 had an amazing sound, quite a noticeable difference to my ears. I also auditioned the T773, while the sound was superb, for me the T763 was close, and I can't see shelling out more cash for the T773 when i really like the 763.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 82
Thanks i am glad that my views were shared enjoy your new purchase and do not forget to get version 2.0 as some dealers are pushing out older versions and more important do not forget the power line conditioner !!!!

Anonymous

Hi All,

A month ago I auditioned the 753 and the 763.IMO the 763 is more dynamic and sounds better.Sad to say I can't afford it but I want to listen to a receiver with a torroidal x'former.One of my alternatives is to look for a used 762 that uses the same x'former.My question is, is there any different in sound quality between the 762 and 763 aside from some extra features of the 763?Is it advisable to get the 753 If I can not find a used 762?

Actually I was satisfied with the 753 but changed my mind when I heard the 763.

Thanks for any input.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us