White noise from speakers????? NAD

Bronze Member
Username: Indianspringsaz

Post Number: 11
I have noticed that a few folks have heard some white noise (hiss) from there receivers or amps. I have read posts from NAD users mainly because I have a NAD T773. THE POINT IS, I got a Monster HTS 3600 line cond. for Christmas. Now, not a sound comes from the speakers. I never really believed they really did much. Now, with no sorce playing, I can crank the volume as far up as it goes.... Silent even with ear on the speaker.

Bronze Member
Username: Paulof

Portugal

Post Number: 12
Lucky you, I'm suffering that on my T763, I'm already on my second unit (this time version 2.03 with the yellow sticker) and the problem remains.
The dealer was really surprised when he listened to it, quite loud at -74dB but NAD's local representative assured him that they will give me support on that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
PF
As I stated above, the line conditioner killed the problem. Maybe NAD circuit's are more suseptable to line noise. Got to Best Buy, see what there return policy is, take the Monster home and try it out. You might not want to take it back after you hook it up. Excuse my spelling

Bronze Member
Username: Paulof

Portugal

Post Number: 16
Indianspringsaz,

You could be right, the problem is that the try out would cost me more than the DVD player... Your Monster is $500.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I just bought my sister one for her system. It is power strip one, I think its the 1000 series. $149. Her Elite is also free from any White Noise now. I would have never believed it. But they worked for us.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 72
ok the problem with Nad units is that they give out hiss hum at idle position. when there is no signal and you tweek volume on the high side. once you start playing music / movies you can not detect the hiss /hum So that explains why most people buy tham b'cause once you listen they rock, later about a week down the road you tend to notice this flaw while changing cd or dvd then u think crap i bought 1500-2000 unit that is flawed then a cycle of hatred starts to develop.IMHO the fault lies with the torodial power supply and high quality components and lack of digital filter unlike the japanese units as digital filter just kills all the signal in that particluar signature range.The Cure is simple you spend another 400-1000 for a line conditioner that has digital filter to filter power problems then these units actually perform flawless.even in the showrooms where they demo these pieces thier power is conditioned room is acoustically treated so we do not get the same performance you have a power to change all that with a good line conditioner but then it already burns the hole in the pocket and make expensive setup cost more.
now bottom line is whenever you decide to drop in dough and get these puppies do not forget the line conditioners .
i am happy that i got over this and now can enjoy my movies\music.

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Try to play the DVD The Wall by Pink Floyd and at the first song, turn on the volume (not to high though), and from 3-4m you will hear the hiss noise.

Try it and let me know.

Daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 80
Hi thanks for the input did you use the power line conditioner and problem still exists one more thing did'nt they fix your unit ? as i recall you had a big problem with the nad customer service and in the end they fixed the problem for you .

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Thanks, I do not use power line conditioner. Yep, NAD did fixed my unit, and it is better now, and I did see a big change from performance point of view, though, if you ask my opinion, NAD units have this hiss noise not as with the 1.26 sofware rev but it is still there. Today, I am ok with my T773 unit performance, but it is not it, overall, with the money I spend on it $1799 - it is not the performance I look for - and as I wrote - I am ok today with my T773 and that's it. For sure, for long term, I will not going to buy NAD again, not with thier quality issues, they will need to proof and gain back my confidence before I will return back to NAD.

To be fair, I must say that they treated me well, if thats help.

Thanks, Daniel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us