Receivers for music specifically

Username: Pteshallow

Post Number: 2
I'm looking for a HIGH END receiver to play specifically music (the odd movie) but mainly for music. What would be a good match. Probably looking at either Marantz, NAD, Denon....possibly Harmon Kardon.

Speakers: Definitive Technologies Bipolar 7002

Any advice is appreciated

edster922
Unregistered guest
I definitely noticed an improvement in musical playback when I exchanged my Onkyo 601 for a Marantz SR5400. The Marantz is back on hifi.com for $450 shipped, which is a very attractive price point.

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 134
If I was going for a higher end receiver, it would be made by either Sunfire or B&K. Would possibly consider Arcam.
More that I think about it, a Sunfire ultimate receiver would be my choice. Tons of power and they sound amazing.

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1025
Chris,
One of my coworkers has the Def Tech 7000's paired with a Elite vsx-59 and it is a great combination, especially for music. I don't know how much you want to spend but for an example of what you can get the 59 for see dynaco.com. That's where my coworker bought his and was very happy with his purchase. Elite's are the perfect match with Def Tech's and the 59 is a really awesome receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Earful

Post Number: 40
Dynaco does not appear to be an authorized online dealer for Pioneer. I guess that would mean no warranty, is that correct?

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1026
Dynaco is like many online/mailorder dealers in that they are not authorized by Pioneer but do honor the Elite 2 year warranty. Some dealers have you send the unit to a repair facility and some have you send it to them. I am not sure how dynaco does this. It is a bit of a risk to buy this way but the savings are usually very large. I have bought several items this way and that had no problems so far. Just bought a Elite dv-47ai dvd player from digitalcraze[part of the Uncles Stereo family] and got a great deal. They will also honor the warranty. I was using dynaco in this case as an example of the price you can get the Elite 59 for, not as a recommendation specifically. There are lots of other dealers to choose from.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us