Advice for receiver for paradigm spkrs

Username: Jtc

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new here and somewhat new to the world of home theater. Just bought a 62 mitsubishi DLP tv and am purchasing paradigms reference studio 60's for front and studio 20's for rear with their center and sunfire seismic sub. WHICH receivers do you all recommend for these babies. It will be used to watch movies 80% of the time. I am willing to spend around 700 to 1000 dollars. Please help.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 219
Yamaha RX-V 2500, within your price range.

I'd look at Arcam 300 and Rotel 1067. Outside of your price range, but complement those excellent speakers better.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 31
I agree with Kano on the yamaha rxv2500. I would also add the denon 2805/3805, and the rotel 1056 might not be too far out of your range, but the 1067 is way more than you wanted to spend. All of these are great receivers and matches with paradigm, so listen to see which you like best and has all the goodies you need.
Derek

Username: Jtc

Post Number: 2
my dealer has suggested the yamaha RX-V1500 and I have listened to it at the store with the paradigms I am going to purchase. Is the RX-V2500 going to be that much better than the RX-V1500. Also, I have also looked at Phase Tech speakers (V12 Fronts, V6 rears with their center(cant remember what center exactly). I think the Phase Tech sounded really good also. So which do you prefer the paradigm setup or the phase techs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us