DPL receiver & DVD player

poorboy
Unregistered guest
If I hook up a DVD player to a DPL receiver with your plain RCA cables will I still get DPL surround sound.

Plus would I have to set the DVD player to PCM.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 27
Do you have a surround sound set up? If you do, then you will want to get an optical cable so that you can use dolby digital and/or dts which will give you better overall reproduction.

poorboy
Unregistered guest
It's an old pro logic receiver with no digital hook up. All I need is old pro logic surround sound. Will it work with a DVD player hooked up with RCA cables.

All I have is three speakers for the front. Cambridge soundworks model six and boston acoustic model CR1 center.

thank you

Elmosaurus
Unregistered guest
Yes.

Be sure the audio track you select on the DVD is 2 ch stereo (with DPL analog encoding) and those signals will be passed with the L/R audio channels to the inputs on the DPL receiver.

The PCM/Raw setting does not apply on the DVD player, because the signal you are sending as mentioned is analog, interspersed inside the 2 channels of analog audio you are sending down the RCA interconnects.

Lastly, set the DPL receiver to DPL mode obviously.

You really should consider moving to a digital receiver though; the difference in sound imaging and freq response is vastly different when comparing the old DPL to even DPLII or DD/DTS.

E.

poorboy
Unregistered guest
Thank You Elmosaurus,

I hope to go digital later on ,but its up to the wife not me...Why is it that wife's rule... LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us