PSB Speakers With Pioneer VSX1014?

Username: Audiomania

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 1
I am pretty well settled on a Pioneer VSX D1014TX-K receiver. I am considering PSB's Image Series speakers (B25's) and a PSB Subsonic 6 subwoofer. I haven't actually perchased anything yet, so I decided to ask your opinions on the above combination. If you would like to suggest other combinations, I will gladly listen as long they are in the same price range. I cannot go much higher. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1003
I think the PSB's are a bit too laid back for the Pioneer. Check out the Monitor Audio Silver series and the Polk RTi line.

Anon Y. Mous
Unregistered guest
Glenn,

As I'm sure you already know, the 1014 has an auto-EQ feature, which should help level out the frequency response if those PSB's sound too "laid back". Or you can adjust the 5-band EQ to your liking...

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 528
Yes, but tweaking the EQ can only do so much. It can't fix everything...

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks to you guys who have responded to my question. I appreciate the your instructive comments.

OK...so let's say I am set on PSB speakers. What other receivers would be a better match in the $400-600. price range?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1010
I would look at the Yamaha 1500. Good match with a speaker like PSB and can be had for a bit over $500 from what I see on this forum at the beginning page. For new models I am amazed at how low the prices are on the 1500 and 2500.

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 3
Elitefan1...would your recommendation of Yamaha apply to some of their less expensive models too?
Thanks...Glenn

Gold Member

Post Number: 1011
The 750 has gotten good reviews and a listing in Sound & Vision as one of the years best, for what that's worth. My own experience is with the 2400 primarily and I really should not comment on any of their cheap models. The 1400/2400 and 1500/2500 sound pretty much the same so I feel ok commenting on them.

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 4
OK...one more scenario. If I decide that I must have the Pioneer 1014, What speakers would match up nicely with it? Polks, Klipsch, JBL's...??? or some other?

Also I noticed that there is a Pioneer 1015, which costs a little more than than the 1014. Anyone see any important difference between these two?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us