Opinions please

Bronze Member
Username: Earful

Post Number: 11
What is your opinion of the B&W speakers 300 series 600 series and CM series for under $1000.00 to match with a Pioneer elite either Vsx 52txi or Vsx 54txi? I have not heard them yet but it seems a lot of people rave about them. I always thought they were a strong mid range speaker.

Elmosaurus
Unregistered guest
I have an older set of 602's.

After initial break in, and a little aging, I have to say I'm still damn impressed with what these can do when driven well. (7 years later)

They are not really pushy in any range; I'd rather like to call them transparent. They sound exactly however your source does. In my case, I've always had them hooked to an adcom amp or my current NAD, and the detail is incredibly articulate with subtle strength in all tonal ranges.

This transparency makes them great for good units, and not so great for units that fall short sonically.

I think you'll do fine with a set. (as reputation has preceedlingly shown)

E.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 51
i own a Elite 54 with 603 601 and lcr 600 set in music it is as good as any combo in movies i sometimes feel the centre is muffled and is not coming through so take U R pick U will be happy ps they take atleast 200 hours to brake in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us